Lötschberg Base Tunnel
Visit this masterpiece of railway engineering
Learn more about the construction and operation of the Lötschberg Base Tunnel on a guided tour. A look behind the scenes promises many exciting and interesting things such as:
- BLS visitor centre with a model of the Lötschberg base tunnel
- North portal and intervention staircase ("the widest staircase in Europe")
- Trip by minibus into the tunnel system, guided tour of the Mitholz technical centre, 1:1 scale test track and exclusive view through a special window into the railway tunnel
Availability Today (Sunday) open
- CHF 25.00 Individual tour, per person pro Teilnehmer
Included in the price
- Guided tour
- Mineral water
- Loan of a helmet and vest
Free for every tenth participant
Minimum age is 12 years, only if accompanied by an adult , 12-15 years free of charge, (registration required).
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to Alteration / The journey to Frutigen is not included in the Price
BLS Visitor Centre in the historic Frutigen train station
Minimum 6 persons, maximum 28 persons
- Sturdy shoes
- Warm clothing
- A helmet, vest and mineral water are provided
- Walking distance in the tunnel: 1.5 kilometres.
Good physical fitness on the part of participants is assumed
(the temperature is 28°, humidity up to 80%)
We can organise a snack, aperitif or stand-up lunch for you at the BLS Visitor Centre as you wish.
Book a speaker
Would you like to offer a presentation on the construction and operation of the Lötschberg base tunnel at your event? On request, we can put you in touch with the right speaker.