Anniversary celebrations in Frutigen
Guided tours of the Lötschberg base tunnel, rides in the driver's cab and much more.
Whether it’s a tour of the vehicle exhibition with the BLS firefighting and rescue train and other intervention and maintenance vehicles, short guided tours of the Lötschberg base tunnel, or a historical tour of the BLS Visitor Centre: The anniversary weekend of 3 and 4 September 2022 offers interesting attractions for young and old in and around the BLS Visitor Centre in Frutigen.
Saturday, 3 September 2022, 10.00–17.00 hours
Sunday, 4 September 2022, 10.00–16.00 hours
- Christening of a BLS “MIKA” train, Frutigen train station, Saturday, 3 September 2022 at 10.00 hours on track 1
- Short guided tours of Lötschberg Base Tunnel, by appointment, all day
- Vehicle exhibition at Frutigen visitor centre, all day
- Short driver’s cab rides at the Frutigen visitor centre, no advance booking required, all day
- Various stands from LOKI Magazine, AFA Bus, Adelboden-Lenk-Kandersteg Tourism and the Tropical House, all day
- Various refreshments on offer on site, all day
- Pandinavia souvenir shop, all day
The relevant activities are free of charge.
Aside from the short guided tours of the Lötschberg Base Tunnel, no registration is required.
There is no parking available.
Attractions – Frutigen Visitor Centre
Visit our event at the BLS Visitor Centre in Frutigen. Together with the BLS Intervention and Maintenance Centre, the Visitor Centre will be offering a variety of attractions for young and old this weekend. From rolling stock exhibitions to rides in the driver’s cab and attractive catering options, you’ll find everything here.
Guided tours of Lötschberg Base Tunnel
Have you always wanted to know more about the Lötschberg base tunnel’s construction and operation? To mark the anniversary of Swiss Railways, we are offering you free short guided tours. On a bus ride into the tunnel system, you get a look behind the scenes with many fascinating details about the tunnel. Delve into the heart of the BLS infrastructure with us.
Book your free short tour now. The number of participants per tour is limited to 12 places. A maximum of 6 people can be registered per booking.
The short guided tours are in German.
How to get there & Jubilee 1-day travel card
In addition, our heritage train and other antique rolling stock will run this weekend from Langenthal to Spiez and on to Frutigen.
Jubilee 1-day travel card
Take advantage of the jubilee 1-day travel card and travel at reduced prices to the jubilee events. The jubilee 1-day travel card is valid on the chosen day of travel for a return ticket between the place of residence and an official event location, taking the standard route via the GA range of validity. Also included are transfers by public transport between the official event locations. You can find further information on the jubilee 1-day travel card here.
- CHF 35.00 Erwachsene, 2. Klasse
- CHF 17.50 mit Halbtax, 2. Klasse
- CHF 53.00 Erwachsene, 1. Klasse
- CHF 26.50 mit Halbtax, 1. Klasse
All venues can be reached easily by public transport.