Treat yourself to a trip in first class
Class upgrades are available for certain routes, for a day or, for GA travelcard holders, for a month. You will need a ticket, a 1-day travelpass or a second class GA travelcard to upgrade to first class.
Class upgrade for the route
Route-related class upgrades are available at full and half price. Children aged from 6 to 15 and passengers with a Half-Fare travelcard or a second class GA travelcard can upgrade at half price, while full-paying passengers can upgrade to first class at full price.
1-day class upgrade
Upgrade your second class 1-day travelpass for a Half-Fare travelcard to a first class 1-day travelpass with a class upgrade. The same applies when you travel after 09.00 hours during the week because there is a class upgrade from 09.00 hours available for this.
Day and 9 o’clock class upgrades are only available in conjunction with a Half-Fare travelcard and a 1-day travelpass or a 9 o’clock travelpass or with a second class GA travelcard.
- CHF 52.00 1-day class upgrade
- CHF 260.00 Multipack of 1-day class upgrades (6 for 5)**
- CHF 38.00 9 o'clock class upgrade *
- CHF 190.00 Multipack of 9 o'clock class upgrades (6 for 5)**
* The 9 o’clock class upgrade is not available on Saturdays, Sundays or on general public holidays (these are: 1 and 2 January, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day, Whit Monday, 1 August, 25 and 26 December).
** Multiple-journey ticket with six 1-day class upgrades or six 9 o’clock class upgrades on one ticket
GA class upgrade 1–11 months
Monats-Klassenwechsel für ein GA 2. Klasse
- CHF 225.00 Adults
- CHF 165.00 Concessions