Bike-sharing, the public form of bike rental
Rent your bike whenever you want it – directly at your train station
Arrive by train and switch to a public rental bike directly at the train station – whenever it suits you. This is how you travel to your destination comfortably, flexibly and in an environmentally friendly way. You also help to relieve the traffic in the city centre.
How it works
More and more cities are successfully launching bike-sharing schemes, with the aim being sustainable and efficient in urban traffic. Residents and commuters get the chance to travel their daily routes quickly and conveniently even without using a car. The combination of public transport and the continually growing network of bike-sharing stations enables environmentally friendly, cost-effective mobility.
The bike stations can generally be found right next to train stations and public transport stops, and users can unlock the bikes simply and easily around the clock with a smartphone, customer card or the SwissPass.
Step-by-step instructions can be found on the website of the relevant provider.
Providers in the BLS area
There are several bicycle self-hire systems in operation in Switzerland, with five in the BLS area:
- PubliBike Throughout Switzerland
- velospot Biel, Thun, La Chaux-de-Fonds
- nextBike Central Switzerland
- Donkey Republic Neuenburg, Thun
- Pick-e-Bike Murten
PubliBike and SwissPass Bike rental with the SwissPass
With the PubliBike app or the SwissPass, you can hire bicycles and e-bikes around the clock throughout Switzerland.
How to turn your SwissPass into a bicycle key
- Sign up with PubliBike.
- Select your desired annual travelpass.
- Indicate that you want to use PubliBike with your SwissPass.
- Enter the number located below the barcode on the reverse side of your SwissPass card.
- Enter the postcode linked to your SwissPass.
- Complete your order by paying the travelpass fee.