BDt – control car with seats
The BDt went into operation in 1950 at the now defunct Bernese Alpine Railway Company Bern-Lötschberg-Simplon (BLS) and was refurbished and modernised in 1980 and 1999.
Ownership of the control car was transferred to the foundation in 2014 in order to enable the foundation's EWI carriages to operate as a commuter train as well. With its built-in baggage compartment, this rail vehicle can be used in many different ways.
- 40 Number of seats
- suitable for serving refreshments Special catering train
Rail vehicle details technical data, features
General information BDt control car
- 1 Quantity
- 910 Number
- 1950 Put into service
- 21.3 m Length
- 29 t Weight
- 140 km/h Maximum speed
- 40 Seats (second class)
- – Folding seats
- – Wheelchair spaces wheelchair accessibility is limited
- in the luggage compartment Bicycle spaces
- No Low-floor entrance
- No Air conditioning
- Yes Heating
- Yes Passenger information on the train Train route display boards
- No Passenger information in the train
- 1 WC not wheelchair-accessible
- No Baby-changing facilities in WC
- No Video surveillance
- No Power sockets for electronic devices
- Linoleum Flooring
- Yes Rubbish bin at seats
- No Newspaper collection box
Contact advice and assistance
We organise and drive the train while you celebrate and have fun
Whether it’s for 20 or as many as 2,000 guests, we can offer you modern and nostalgic trains, or even just a single carriage.
We take care of the catering and ambience, arrange live music or magician performances and even organise a festive reception at the train station at your destination if you'd like.