St. Beatus Caves combined ticket
Discover the unique St. Beatus Caves with a tour guide or by yourself. With the combined ticket, we offer you a 50% discount on admission to the St. Beatus Caves and a reduced boat trip.
According to legend, the caves were home to a dangerous dragon which was vanquished by the Holy Beatus, a locally resident Irish monk, in the sixth century. You can learn lots of interesting facts about the caves during a visit to the Cave Museum.
- Corona Hinweis Bitte beachten Sie das Schutzkonzept und allfällige Einschränkungen oder Schliessungen des Partners
Available daily from 2 April to 24 October 2021
Subject to change without prior notice
Combined ticket from Thun onwards
- CHF 59.80 Adults
- CHF 34.40 Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 30.40 Children, 6–15.99 years
- CHF 43.00 Adults
- CHF 26.00 Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 22.00 Children, 6–15.99 years
Combined ticket from Spiez onwards
- CHF 57.80 Adults
- CHF 33.40 Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 29.40 Children, 6–15.99 years
- CHF 38.60 Adults
- CHF 23.80 Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 19.80 Children, 6–15.99 years
Combined ticket from Interlaken onwards
- CHF 35.20 Adults
- CHF 22.20 Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 18.20 Children, 6–15.99 years
- CHF 26.20 Adults
- CHF 18.00 Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 14.00 Children, 6–15.99 years
GA travelcard holders and children with the Junior travelcard or Children’s Co-travelcard pay for entry to the St. Beatus Caves directly on site.
Contained in the ticket price:
- Return trips on the following routes:
Thun - Beatushöhlen-Sundlauenen return (one way by boat and one way by STI bus)
Interlaken West - Beatushöhlen-Sundlauenen return (one way by boat and one way by STI bus)
Spiez - Beatushöhlen-Sundlauenen return by boat
- Entry to the caves
- Museum visit
The combined ticket is available from Thun, Spiez and Interlaken West onwards. Offer only available online and from BLS Navigation, and only valid on the date of issue.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration.
The boat ride to the St. Beatus Caves offers wonderful views. From the boat landing stage, a walking trail (approx. 20 minutes) leads directly to the St. Beatus Caves, with their awe-inspiring dripstone formations. The subsequent tour offers you the opportunity to extensively explore this fascinating world and its wealth of bizarre shapes and colours.
The St. Beatus Caves are one of the most popular excursion destinations by Lake Thun. A beautiful stroll from the car park takes you through the woods and up to the cave entrance. The trail leads across several bridges spanning the waterfall that gushes from the cave. Approximately 14 kilometres of the extensive cave network have been explored to date. Of this, 1 kilometre can be comfortably viewed, thanks to electric lighting and secure paths.
The tour through the dripstone caves leads you through mighty dripstone formations, extensive halls and crevices. Prepare to be enchanted by the unique shapes and colours of the stalagmites and stalactites. Witnessing this unique natural environment beneath the earth will astound you.
In a simple and easily comprehensible way, the cave museum teaches about various topics relating to the St. Beatus Caves, including their history, flora, fauna and exploration. The museum uses interactive activities and involves the senses (sight, sound and touch) to impart an active and memorable experience. The audio guide provides information on the 13 different stations, which visitors can select in their desired language at the touch of a button.
- Before or after your visit to the caves, you can enjoy the delicious offerings at the St. Beatus Caves Panorama Restaurant
- Entry to the cave museum is included in the price
- The temperature inside the caves is approx. 9 degrees C; warm clothing is therefore recommended.