Guided railway walk along the Lötschberg southern approach for groups
Tracing the BLS mountain line – enjoy a beautiful and varied walk along the southern approach to the Lötschberg Tunnel from Hohtenn to Ausserberg, guided by an expert.
Over a few short kilometres, the “Lötschberg Southern Approach” walking trail impressively demonstrates the variety of the BLS mountain line and the special challenges faced when building a railway through the mountains. With the help of your expert guide, the well-established walking trail allows you to get to know BLS in an intimate and vivid way.
You’ll learn fascinating facts about
- the construction of the route from 1906 to 1913,
- the Luogelkin Viaduct and the Bietschtal Bridge,
- the dual-track expansion along the Hohtenn–Ausserberg section,
- the protection against natural hazards and the BLS rail operations in the area.
Availability Today (Wednesday) open
Available daily on request in May and June, as well as in September and October.
Cancellation in poor weather on the preceding day with rain-check date (1 week later)
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 20.00 Guided railway walk excl. train ticket
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Hohtenn Railway Station
12.05-16.30 Hours (Hiking time approx. 3.5 hours)
- sturdy footwear
- weather-appropriate clothing
- picnic and drinks
rest area at Rarnerchumma (after approx. 2 hours)
It is the responsibility of the participants to take out appropriate insurance
Aperitif on request
at the Hotel Bahnhof Ausserberg